Ian McDonald contest winners!

If you read my review of Ian McDonald's The Dervish House (Canada, USA, Europe) last month, then you know I feel that this is doubtless the science fiction novel of the year. And yet, given how awesome the book is, perhaps it's due to the fact that I spent the last month traipsing around the Balkans, but I get the feeling that the SFF community isn't talking about this title as much as it deserves.

Now thanks to the kind folks at Pyr, these lucky winners will get their hands on a prize copy of McDonald's latest! Maybe things will snowball and these people will get the ball rolling on various message boards when they're done with The Dervish House.

The winners are:

- Lila Sheikhi, from Westlake, Ohio, USA

- Joseph Lee, from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

- Eddi Vulic, from Bellingham, Washington, USA

- Alex Hoff, from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

- Kenny Cross, from Seal Beach, California, USA

- Katherine Borden-King, from Minot, North Dakota, USA

- Cindy MacKendrick, from Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada

- Drew Walbeck, from Battle Creek, Michigan, USA

- Nicole Feldl, from Seattle, Washington, USA

- Ria Bridges, from Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Sorry, guys. I screwed up on this one. There were territorial rights restrictions, and I totally forgot about it. My bad. . . You shouldn't do these things while still suffering from jetlag. . . Which is why this list is a bit different from the one you saw earlier today.

Many thanks to all the participants! =)

8 commentaires:

Simeon said...

I still don't get the fascination with this book, but I'm obviously a minority...

http://rolandscodex.blogspot.com/

BStearns said...

Congrats to all the winners! Seeing as I didn't win, guess that means I'll have to pick it up. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, I hope I feel the same.

-Bryan
www.sff-hub.com

abaeran said...

oh, wow! (I never win anything - and, now I can say... I've won something. Lucky!)

I can't wait to dive into this book; it's been on my list for a long while now. :)

Congrats to the winners~!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I can't wait to read this novel.

Joe said...

Winning books is great.

Regarding McDonald. I have not read him for about 15 years. If this book is as good as he was then it should be good and if he has improved as a writer even better.

Thanks for the contests Patrick.

Anonymous said...

Thank you again! My copy just arrived on my front doorstep 5 minutes ago. I have two hours to read before I have to leave for my usual Tuesday BBQ at my best friends house.

Unknown said...

Wow, found this book on my doorstep today after work, what a great surprise. Thanks again for the contest!

Cindy said...

Thank-you! I just received my book moments ago!